How to Measure a Laptop for a bag is one of the most hot questions that is frequently asked by users. Choosing the right bag for your laptop requires some measuring, but it isn’t rocket science. All you have to do is to follow a few simple steps and everything will be fine.
You might be thinking if measuring laptop sizes is easy like a piece of cake then people raise this query. You might be right but there may be two possible reasons that forces me to ask How to Measure a Laptop for a Bag?
A major confusion is that manufacturers always mention the screen size of their products without mentioning the bezels. In this case, one can easily be misled by the specs sheet measurement. So, you have to be careful before making any final decision. For instance a 13.3” MacBook Pro from Apple does not mean that it is the size of the laptop. It is rather the size of the display and bezels are not included in it. It is good to measure the screen of a laptop manually.
There are new tech junkies who do not have any idea of how to measure laptop screen size. They usually find it very difficult to order or select the required laptop carry case or laptop sleeve. Let’s dive deep into the topic and find out how one can select the best laptop bag for a backpack.
Let’s Find out how to measure the screen of a laptop to choose the fit bag for your device. Here is the way you can measure it. It is really simple, all you need is a measuring tape.
- Take the laptop which you want to measure for a bag
- You need a measuring tape too in order to measure the screen of the laptop
- You have to measure the screen diagonally
- Start measuring from the bottom left of the laptop screen diagonally to the top right of the laptop screen. That is your laptop size.
- Measure diagonally from the bottom left corner of the laptop screen to the top right corner of the laptop screen starting from the bottom left corner. These are the dimensions of your laptop.
Note: It is important to know that you have to exclude bezels while measuring the display screen of a laptop. There is often a question how to check the screen size of a laptop using a command. So, the answer is no, you have to check it manually.
Although, the standard measurement for measuring a laptop is in inches, but there are brands which also use centimeter units as well to measure a machine. Using centimeters as a unit measurement will provide you with more accurate data. The following table shows both units of measurements.
Some typical laptop screen sizes. The table contains both laptop screen size in inches and laptop length and width in cm. The following table will give an overview of how to measure a laptop for a bag in inches and centimeters.
|S#||Size In Inches||Size In Centimeter|
Measuring Dimensions of a laptop to choose the perfect laptop bags cases sleeves.
Here is the thing that matters a lot. Now we are clear about the screen size and actual laptop size of the laptop. And that’s what we wanted to clear the confusion between screen size and actual size of laptop. You need a bag for the actual machine, that is why you have to measure it manually in order to select the best bag for your device.
Measuring Length Of Your Laptop To Answer The Question How to Measure a Laptop for a Bag
For measuring your laptop’s length the only thing you need is your measuring tape. Follow the following steps to successfully measure it.
- First of all close your laptop
- Then open the measuring tape and place it vertically from top to bottom
- Calculate the numbers in inches and that’s all you have to find out the length of your machine.
Carry on Bag with Laptop Compartment
Measuring The Width Of Your Laptop
- To measure the width of your laptop is to place the measuring tape horizontally from left to right
- Measure the number in inches and your down with measuring the width of your device
Measuring The Height Of Your Laptop
- Measuring the height of your laptop, keep the measuring tape from bottom to top measure the height of the device.
After having all the calculations about the size of the device, the next most important is to select a fit laptop bag. Buying laptop bags, carry cases, sleeves and laptop backpacks online or offline is one of the important stages. If you have the correct calculations, you will be able to select the one you are looking for. Otherwise, chances of wasting your money and time will increase.
Now, you are fully prepared to answer “how to measure a laptop”? And we hope that you are now able to select the best laptop carrying bag that fulfills your requirements. But before selecting a laptop bag you have to look for the following aspects.
- Your laptop should fit without any additional protection covers
- In the bag, your laptop shouldn’t be able to move around too freely.
- Your machine should fit securely in it, but not so tightly that it sticks.
- It should work as shock absorbers. It protects your laptop in case it falls down from a reasonable height.
Stylish Laptop Backpacks for Ladies
Final Notes For How to Measure a Laptop for a Bag
We tried to cover every aspect of the question, How to Measure a Laptop for a Bag?. We hope that you would have got what you were here for. To conclude the topic I would like to inform you that there is a marked difference between the display screen size and actual laptop size of your device. But newbies can be easily confused by the size mentioned on the packing. Remember that this is the screen size of a laptop not the actual size of a laptop. So, you have to measure it manually by using measuring tape.
You have to measure the depth, width and length of the laptop to have a full measurement of the device. While ordering or buying a laptop carry case you have to look for a fitted, shock absorber laptop backpack.
FAQs about How to Measure a Laptop for a Bag